Registration for the 2022 Summer/Fall Nemesis Club Field Lacrosse season is now closed. Women’s Field LAX registration STILL OPEN.
Thanks to everyone who has registered and we look forward to seeing you be #FierceOnTheField with Nemesis this season.
NEW FOR 2022:
The Ottawa Nemesis Lacrosse Club would like to thank the Nepean Knights Minor Lacrosse Association for partnering with us through use of their TeamSnap software platform. Thank you for your support!
Why does my Club LAX registration say Nepean Knights?
The Nepean Knights Minor Lacrosse Association has graciously partnered with the Ottawa Nemesis Lacrosse Club for use of their TeamSnap software platform. The Ottawa Nemesis Lacrosse Club remains a separate organization and all registration information and fees are collected directly by The Ottawa Nemesis Lacrosse Club.
What if I don’t play for Nepean Knights, can I still register for Nemesis?
ABSOLUTLEY! The Ottawa Nemesis Lacrosse Club remains a separate organization and all registration information and fees are collected directly by The Ottawa Nemesis Lacrosse Club. We have simply partnered with The Nepean Knights Minor Lacrosse Association for use of their TeamSnap software platform.
What’s the difference between Club Field Lacrosse and Women’s Field Lacrosse?
Both Club LAX and Women’s LAX are fast, intense games that rely on physical stamina and exceptional hand-eye coordination, however there are some differences in style of play and the type of gear you’ll need. Club LAX allows checking, thus helmets, mouth guards, shoulder and elbow pads, and gloves are all standard in Club LAX, whereas in Women’s LAX, checking is not allowed therefore most female players wear goggles and mouth guards, while helmets and protective padding are reserved for goalies. The sticks used in each discipline are also different and Club LAX has 10 players on the field, whereas Women’s LAX has 12 players. There are also differences in field size, set-up and gameplay.
What if I have never played before, can I still play for Nemesis?
Definitely! The Ottawa Nemesis Lacrosse Club promotes a welcoming environment and a love of the sport. There is a place for everyone in our organization.
Return to Play
The Nemesis Lacrosse Club executive committee is excited to be back on the field for the 2022 field lacrosse season. Registration opens June 1st, and we look forward to seeing our Nemesis athletes be #FierceOnTheField once again!
Nemesis continues to monitor the Return to Play guidelines closely, as any organization looking to engage in a return to play must abide by the guidance and recommendations of Ontario Public Health and Government Officials.
As updates are announced, Nemesis will adapt and modify our practice plans and protocols as needed.
Nemesis has adopted a few general guidelines for everyone to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience.
- Individual, labelled water bottles are required (no sharing)
- Players are encouraged to bring your own sanitizer and wipes to wipe down your equipment as soon as possible following each session
- If you are not feeling 100% or have come into contact with anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19 or illness please do not attend a practice session.
- Should you start to not feel well during a training session, please remove yourself to the sidelines immediately and notify the volunteer for your session.
- Should you develop symptoms between practice sessions, please advise the club executive immediately via email at [email protected]
- You will be required to follow Ottawa Public Health protocols where needed
- Although we enjoy our sport outdoors, we must all continue to do our part to prevent the spread or COVID-19, thus we ask parents to maintain distance whenever possible.