Return to Play
The Nemesis Lacrosse Club executive committee is excited to be back on the field for the 2021 field lacrosse season. Registration is now open, and we look forward to seeing our Nemesis athletes be #FierceOnTheField once again!
Nemesis continues to monitor the Return to Play guidelines closely, as any organization looking to engage in a return to play must abide by the guidance and recommendations of Ontario Public Health and Government Officials.
As updates are announced, Nemesis will adapt and modify our practice plans and protocols as needed.
Nemesis has adopted a few general guidelines for everyone to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience.
- Players are asked to arrive at the field dressed or get dressed at their car, no equipment bags will be allowed on the sidelines
- Individual, labelled water bottles are required (no sharing)
- Players are not permitted to touch any equipment by hand/glove
- Players are encouraged to bring your own sanitizer and wipes to the field
- Players are encouraged to wipe down your equipment as soon as possible following each session
- If you are not feeling 100% or have come into contact with anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19 or illness do not attend a practice session.
- Should you start to not feel well during a training session, please remove yourself to the sidelines immediately and notify the volunteer for your session.
- Should you develop symptoms between practice sessions, please advise the club executive immediately via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will be required to follow Ottawa Public Health protocols such as testing, self-isolation, etc.
- Due to social distancing requirements, where possible, we are asking that parents drop off their player no earlier than 15 minutes prior to their scheduled session time. Practice locations on the field will be clearly marked
- For the younger groups where parents may have to remain at the field, we ask that you respect social distancing rules when you set up your chairs or are socializing in the various open areas
- Where possible, ensure that you wear a mask where social distancing is not possible
- Speak to your player and ensure they are aware of the above guidelines. Any players not respecting guidelines may be asked to remove themselves from the practice area